rv007
rv007, Engineer
Experience:  Garmin Design Engineer
15873252

My Golf Buddy is dead, and won't open, PT4,,, purchased

Customer Question

My Golf Buddy is dead, and won't open
JA: What's the make/model of your GPS unit? How old is it?
Customer: PT4,,, purchased March 13, 2015
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Nothing... screen is blank
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: How can I "trouble-shoot" with a dead screen?? Call me, I want to speak to a human being
JA: Anything else you want the GPS expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: GPS
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  rv007 replied 3 months ago.

Hi

I can call you but first lets identify the exact problem, sounds like the unit is not charged, have tried giving the unit a good charge and have you tried a different charger?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
it sat on the charger for hours
Expert:  rv007 replied 3 months ago.

The phone call request was not successful...

You need to try another charger if possible.... Even take the unit to a store to try a new charger...

Standby and I will see if there is a reset function

Expert:  rv007 replied 3 months ago.

Try an emergency reboot:

Please open the battery cover and you will find a small hole concealed underneath a black plastic sticker located on the bottom right of the unit. Please remove the black sticker and insert a narrow object such as a paper clip tip to press and hold down the reset button inside; then connect the data cable. Release the reset button when you see the "Emergency Reboot" screen display. The unit will now restore to factory settings - this will take approximately 5 minutes.

Expert:  rv007 replied 3 months ago.

Lastly try removing the battery (without charger connected) wait ten seconds and refit...

Please ake a moment to rate my answer, it costs you nothing to do and is how the site rewards me for my time...