Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years
5229702

Have a garmin the screen keeps turning off and restarting or

Customer Question

have a garmin the screen keeps turning off and restarting or loading
JA: What is the exact model of your Garmin? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: could it be Z495LM S/N 2E9020109 guess about 3 years N
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: we think it could be nuvi 2495 we have 3 the same.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: just before a symbol like a USB plug and cable pops on the screen a few minutes later it usually restarts
JA: Is there anything else the GPS Technician should be aware of?
Customer: this shutdown or turnoff comes without the warning the pops up when you cot the power to the car soket
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Richard replied 10 days ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the Garmin and hold the power button to off for 60 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the unit and use it.

Let me know the results please

Thank you

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
please confirm the cost for answering these questions? is this part of the free trial?not sure if I registered correctly
have tried your suggestion -- the unit worked for 45 minutes and then went back to cycling between the map view and the Mass Storage Mode
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
value your further assistance have tried your suggestion -- the unit worked for 45 minutes and then went back to cycling between the map view and the Mass Storage Mode