Rusty
Rusty, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 20 years electronics experience. How may I help you today?
63817454

A Garmin Varia Radar tail light question. My taillight has

Customer Question

A Garmin Varia Radar tail light question. My taillight has stopped taking a charge with a USB/micro cord, but I've noticed that when I get two green flashes before a steady red light. Do you have any ideas what the problem might be and/or what the light pattern indicates? Thanks, ***** *****
JA: What is the exact model of your Garmin? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: it's one to two years old, and it's a Varia RTL 500, serial #480015233.
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It quit taking a charge (tried multiple sources).
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: None other than taking it to the local bike shop (a Garmin dealer). No luck there, although he said that he was able to check the firmware: current.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the GPS Technician should know?
Customer: No issues with the light up until now - no extreme or abusive use on my part (I'm the original owner).
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Rusty replied 9 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** to Justanswer! Give me just a few minutes to look up some specifics, I'm working on this now.

Expert:  Rusty replied 9 days ago.

Welcome. My name is ***** ***** experienced field technician. We are now connected together on this convenient website where I am able to help you. To get started, I need to know you can see this message and are able to reply to me here...

Do you still need help with this?
Due to the nature of the problem, it may take a few tries back and forth before we finish the troubleshooting and fix the problem. If this fixes the problem, please rate 3-5 stars. If the below doesn't fix the problem, please reply, and I will return your response as soon as possible. Rating negatively does not instigate a refund, but you can always request one from me if your problem is already solved. This is the initial stage of troubleshooting your device. Please reply when you get this, with your findings of these first troubleshooting tips, to initiate live chat.

For battery operated electronics:
Disconnect from the charger, and remove the battery for one full minute. If you cannot remove the battery, turn the device off, then back on.

For plug in electronics:
Unplug the unit for 1 full minute. Make sure the software/firmware is up to date by going into your setup menu, and check for updates.

For car and marine electronics:
Remove the in line fuse to cut power to the unit. For car, you may need the pin to get your electronics running again. For Marine, if you want two brands to work together, they must have NMEI ports. If not, let me know both of the model numbers and I'll check compatibility.

Treadmills:
Unplug the treadmill for one minute. Check all of the wiring, and make sure the belt is not too tight. It should lift 3-4 inches off of the deck, and not slip when you walk on it.

I look forward to viewing your reply.

Sincerely,
Rusty the Tech
_________________________________________________________
** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **

When we are finished, please don't forget to rate my service with you today with 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you. Rating does not close the question, and you can communicate with me at no extra charge.