GPS

GPS Repair Problems? Ask a GPS Technician for Answers ASAP

GPS

Have a GPS 315. How do I set up for fishing. Primarily to

Customer Question
mark locations. Note my unit...
Have a GPS 315. How do I set up for fishing. Primarily to mark locations. Note my unit is not powering up under battery option
JA: Just to clarify, what's the brand and model of the GPS?
Customer: Magellan model 315 many years old.
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Been out of action for several years. I have cleared all previous settings.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Nothing other than new batteries and powering up with auto car outlet.
JA: Anything else you want the GPS expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: GPS
7/13/2017
Electronics Technician: Rusty, Customer Service replied 6 months ago
Rusty
Rusty, Customer Service

Hello, my name is***** to Justanswer! Give me just a few minutes to look up some specifics, I'm working on this now.

Welcome. My name is ***** ***** experienced field technician. We are now connected together on this convenient website where I am able to help you. To get started, I need to know you can see this message and are able to reply to me here...

Do you still need help with this?
Due to the nature of the problem, it may take a few tries back and forth before we finish the troubleshooting and fix the problem. If this fixes the problem, please rate 3-5 stars. If the below doesn't fix the problem, please reply, and I will return your response as soon as possible. Rating negatively does not instigate a refund, but you can always request one from me if your problem is already solved. This is the initial stage of troubleshooting your device. Please reply when you get this, with your findings of these first troubleshooting tips, to initiate live chat.

For battery operated electronics:
Disconnect from the charger, and remove the battery for one full minute. If you cannot remove the battery, turn the device off, then back on.

For plug in electronics:
Unplug the unit for 1 full minute. Make sure the software/firmware is up to date by going into your setup menu, and check for updates.

For car and marine electronics:
Remove the in line fuse to cut power to the unit. For car, you may need the pin to get your electronics running again. For Marine, if you want two brands to work together, they must have NMEI ports. If not, let me know both of the model numbers and I'll check compatibility.

Treadmills:
Unplug the treadmill for one minute. Check all of the wiring, and make sure the belt is not too tight. It should lift 3-4 inches off of the deck, and not slip when you walk on it.

I look forward to viewing your reply.

Sincerely,
Rusty the Tech
_________________________________________________________
** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **

When we are finished, please don't forget to rate my service with you today with 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you. Rating does not close the question, and you can communicate with me at no extra charge.

Rusty
Rusty
Rusty, Customer Service