rv007
rv007, Engineer
Experience:  Garmin Design Engineer
15873252

My Garmin cover Australia. I am going to drive Barcelona to

Customer Question

My Garmin cover Australia. I am going to drive Barcelona to Nice. Can I buy garmin coverage of towns in that area?
JA: What is the exact model of your Garmin? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Had it about 7 years.
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Don't understand question.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: The3re is no problem with Australian cities. I just want to use it in Costa Brava.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the GPS Technician should know?
Customer: No.
Category: GPS
Expert:  rv007 replied 3 months ago.

Hi

You will need to buy a Western Europe map, a bit of an overkill if just going to Spain... You will need to download a copy of Garmin Express into your computer and you will need a USB lead to connect the Garmin to the PC:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhW5hHb_uH4

Have you considered a smart phone, buying a spanish data simm and using google maps? It will be a lot cheaper... Its what we did last trip to Europe, paid 20 Euro for 5Gb of data and we had mobile data for FB etc and even navigating the streets on foot...

Expert:  rv007 replied 3 months ago.

Don't forget to rate my help, it is how the site rewards me for my time and costs you nothing to do..