Rusty
Rusty, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 20 years electronics experience. How may I help you today?
63817454

I've got a Nuvi 260 unit, it's been in my glove box for some

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, I've got a Nuvi 260 unit, it's been in my glove box for some time now however I'm heading to the UK this weekend and I need the device to steer me in the proper direction. I'm very limited in my computer knowledge and look to you for your expertise. Can you help?
JA: What model of Nuvi are you using? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: 260
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Huh?
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: I've got the NUVI 260 and I haven't used the device in a long while. I'm looking to put a UK map on the device for next week, we're making a trip for just seven days and I'd like the unit to direct me in the UK.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I'm VERY limited with my knowledge. I'm a turn on/turn off kinda guy.
JA: Anything else you want the GPS expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: What are my options?
Category: GPS
Expert:  Rusty replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** to Justanswer! Give me just a few minutes to look up some specifics, I'm working on this now.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you sir.
Expert:  Rusty replied 3 months ago.

Since you're not good at technology, I'm going to suggest you get the SD card with the maps already loaded on it, and then you just turn the device off, take out the current card, put the new one in, and you'll be all set. There is one problem, since you're headed there this weekend, shipping will be tough. Do you have a place in the UK that you can ship the SD card to? That will be the easiest way. Click here, you can buy it online. Make sure you select the SD card, not the download version.

If you can copy files to an SD card, you can do the download version and get the maps instantly. Buy an 8GB micro SD card, copy the maps to the card, and you can switch the card to load the UK maps. This can be difficult, which is why I suggest buying the SD card with the maps already loaded.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No, we're going for a short time. I'll have to bite the bullet and rent from a rental car. Incidentally, the barrage of upselling on the site is an absolute pain. Thanks for your time.
Expert:  Rusty replied 3 months ago.

Sorry about the upselling, that's automated, it's not me sending it. Newer cars will have built in GPS. Just ask the rental company for GPS, and I'm sure they can accommodate you. Garmin is going obsolete with smart phones and cars having GPS. They are moving to exercise equipment.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Okay, thanks for your time.
Expert:  Rusty replied 3 months ago.

Please keep in mind my time is not paid, I only get paid with a 3-5 star rating.