Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years
5229702

When I try to use the GPS when golfing on a course that it

Customer Question

When I try to use the GPS when golfing on a course that it previously worked on it says that gps failed. But the gps will work if I use it for mapping out distance walked on that same golf course. I thought about deleting the courses already uploaded to my phone and then reloading the golf course to see if that would work but I dont know how to delete them from my phone. Its funny because it has happened on three separate occassions and three different golf courses. It works the first time a use the gps on that course and then doesnt work the next (will not acquire the satellite).
JA: Just to clarify, what's the brand and model of the GPS?
Customer: Garmin vivoactive
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I select the golf app, the course im playing comes up on my watch as an option then it looks like its trying to upload the course from my watch and then it says it failed to upload...or something along that line
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: None really cause I dont really no what options I have for troubleshooting
JA: Is there anything else the GPS Technician should be aware of?
Customer: well the gps works great for walking so thats why im stumped/asking for help. I just find it strange that it always worked the first time I used it on a new course but then after didnt
Category: GPS
Expert:  crash2199 replied 2 months ago.

I apologize for the long wait for a response.

Do you still need help with your issue?