Dustin, Senior Technician
Experience:  Giving Directions to wayward GPS devices for over a decade. Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I have 2 Garmins nuvi, 770 and a brand new Nuvi 57. I

Customer Question

I have 2 Garmins nuvi, 770 and a brand new Nuvi 57. I purchase Europoe map and upioaded on SunDisk inot 770. After few yeaRS OF SERVICE NUVI 770 GAVE UP. NOW I CANNOT USE THE MICRO SUNDISK WITH EUROPE MAP ON NUVI 57. HOW CAN I FIX IT?
JA: What is the exact model of your Garmin? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: The serial number is###-##-####and it is ~6 years old(?)
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I could not write, if I press R it wrote S etc. Otherwise worked
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Siwtching in and out but it did not help.
JA: Is there anything else the GPS Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Not really. I recently updated both N. America and Europe maps and as long as i did not type new address or name, it did not work. The question is why I cannot transfer the disci with EU map to the new Nuvi 57?
Category: GPS
Expert:  Dustin replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

Expert:  Dustin replied 4 months ago.

Garmin policies only allow a map to be registered to one device. If you want to load the europe maps on the new device, you will have to purchase a new SD card.

https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/6299

Or, you could consider using a free OSM map, which arent as reliable but they are free.

If you have any further questions, let me know.

Please remember to click and submit a 5 star rating to show I was able to assist you, without a 5 star rating submitted I am unpaid and unaccredited for my time and expertise.

Thank you,
Dustin S. Sr. Technician and Former Network Switching Systems Operator . Maintainer 31F1P