Dustin, Senior Technician
Experience:  Giving Directions to wayward GPS devices for over a decade. Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

My garmin 492 doesn't pick up any satelites. The cable was

Customer Question

My garmin 492 doesn't pick up any satelites. The cable was replaced last year.
JA: What is the exact model of your Garmin? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: GPSmap 492.
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: No satellite signal
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Last year was the same problem so I replaced the cable and it worked. Could it be the cable again? I wiggled all the connectors is all the troubleshooting I did. It powers up fine.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the GPS Technician should know?
Customer: Is this outdated, I recall sending $50. a few years ago and Garmin sent me a new one.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Dustin replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Expert:  Dustin replied 4 months ago.

Lets try a master reset on the device first

https://support.garmin.com/faqSearch/en-US/faq/content/br0OvkxkatAfGdVd2xfsf5

Once complete, test.. Can it pick up satellites now? whether or not this works let me know and if needed we will continue working together.

Please remember to click and submit a 5 star rating to show I was able to assist you, without a 5 star rating submitted I am unpaid and unaccredited for my time and expertise.

Thank you,
Dustin S. Sr. Technician and Former Network Switching Systems Operator . Maintainer 31F1P