Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

Suzuki Vitara fitted with a Suzuki Garmin intotainment unit

Suzuki Vitara fitted with a Suzuki Garmin intotainment unit whewn switched on comes up with locked maps message is there any way to solve this problem ,i have tried to follow Garmins instructions with no success
JA: What is the exact model of your Garmin? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: model no is A2AVGB02AU1 four years old
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: first occurred 6 weeks ago have tried Garmins method with no success ,also tried resetting the whole system
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: What else would be needed

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.

The maps are created with both digital IDs of the SD card and of the GPS unit itself embedded so the three only work together.

Is the SD card installed in your unit?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
There is no visible card so it must have internal map memory,it has been OK for a number of years

Did anything happen before it stopped working, e.g. was the battery disconnected, or did anyone change the settings on the unit?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
HelloPeter, I am sorry but I am not prepared to outlay any more money as i fear I might have wasted $35 all ready,There are a series of numbers that I discovered after removing the unit from the dash,they are p/n39920-61m41. M/n A2AVGB02AU1. S/N2WL000029 maybe they be of some help
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I did have to change the battery some time ago,the unit s working ok for some weeks after that,the settings have never been touched

You can ignore any automated offers that may pop up - they are sent automatically by the site.

---

Since the unit stopped working suddenly, its internal memory has become corrupted somehow.

A local Suzuki dealer will be able to reinstall the software on it for you.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi,I had the Suzuki dealer look at it and they did not have any success ,I also contacted Garmin and they said to down load from the unit on to a s d card then go through a computer to update the unit,no success as there was no way to get the down load from the unit,so it seems that the locked maps is preventing the download.

Have you connected the unit to a computer ok?

If the computer does not see it then the SD card may be loose or corrupted or faulty.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have tried several SD cards with no success,and as the GPS is part of the infomation system and therefore part of the dashboard it can't be connected to my computer

The Suzuki dealer will need to connect it to their computer in order to reinstall the software on it for you.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks Pete
I will check with the again

Let me know how you get on.