Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Avid repairer and trouble shooter of GPS devices and systems
32989067

My Garmin Fenix 2 will not turn when not plugged in, and

Customer Question

My Garmin Fenix 2 will not turn when not plugged in, and will not connect to Bluetooth
JA: What is the exact model of your Garmin? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Garmin Fenix 2 and brand new
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I put the watch on charge, it turned on, and then after letting it charge for a while I took it off and it refused to turn on without being plugged in
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: None
JA: Is there anything else important you think the GPS Technician should know?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the Garmin and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Garmin and use it.

Let me know the results please

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi, so I held it for 35 seconds, then put it back on charge and it turned on, however turned off immediately after I took it back off charge
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

ok, leave it on charge for 15 minutes, then repeat the instuctions again and tell me how it functions please

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Nope, same problem
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Thanks

Connect it to your computer

Run Garmin Express (you can download from https://software.garmin.com/en-US/express.html)

Open it and choose to updae device

Once done, tell me if it then functions please.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Will do tomorrow and let you know, it's quite late here
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Thanks

I will mark this question to remain open so If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service for now by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you