Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years
5229702

I am finding it difficult to get a connection in my car -

Customer Question

I am finding it difficult to get a connection in my car - the timer simply turns in circles endlessly.
JA: Who makes your GPS?
Customer: Garmin Nuvi
JA: What have you tried so far with your Garmin?
Customer: I am not sure what you mean, but I keep trying to set up a route, but no connection is established
JA: Anything else you want the GPS expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: GPS
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Waiting for an answer
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 3 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

(I regret that I am not able to offer Live Phone Call service at this time; However, your request is still open to other Experts in this category, and one of them may pick up on it at any time.)

What model of Nuvi do you have, please? and how new or old is it? and does it work outside your car? if it has battery power, and isn't 'permanently' mounted in the car, try unplugging it from the car and taking it outside the car altogether, and seeing if it can, even, get a satellite 'fix' that way.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Bought about 5 years ago - does not work outside the car. It is permanently mounted in the car. I will try what you suggest

How can you try it, when it is permanently mounted inside the car? be careful dismounting it... that wasn't really what I suggested. I just wanted to know more about the circumstances.

Check all connections first, buff them off with a dry rag cloth or brush, re-connect firmly, try again, is my first advice - before any dismounting or trying-outside-car.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I sometimes bring it into my house to charge, so that is how I know. I will do as you suggest

OK... let me know how it goes. I'd like to help solve this if we can solve it.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
OK, will let you know - thanks

OK...