Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

My first indication of a problem was when my Golf Buddy Pro

Customer Question

My first indication of a problem was when my Golf Buddy Pro would not power off. I could still charge the battery and then remove it until I got to the course. Then after a few of the charge, remove and replace sessions, it would no longer power up. Now it does nothing.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Russell H. replied 4 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

How old is your Golf Buddy, please?

And has it ever been dropped, handled roughly, or gotten wet?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Approx 4 yrs. No not dropped or gotten wet.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hello, is anyone there?

I'm sorry - I was paying some time to another case...

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
OK, but I am still waiting!!!!!!

At 4 years it is out of warranty for sure.

It is also 'broken' - in terms of a serious problem with the circuitry, and/or with the battery.

At 4 years rechargeable batteries often go bad. On the other hand, the symptoms you describe *could* also be those of failed circuitry too... it's somewhat less likely though.

So you seem to have a choice between

A. general repair, hired

B. replacement of the battery only, as a first try, by yourself and at my guidance (at least as to the sources of a replacement battery)

C. repair as to the specific circuitry error, possibly after (B) fails.

and of course D. replacing the Golf Buddy.

Which of these would you like to try? I'd advise either A. or B. but D. might be preferable to you.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Well it appears that replacing the battery may or may not work, so I fear option D is my choice.

OK. Do you need any further advice then?

If not, before you go, please rate my answer using the five-star interface - a five-star rating best expresses appreciation of the work I have done on giving you the right answer in all its ramifications. Thanks, ***** ***** a great day.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I did look on the Golf Buddy site and did not find my battery type. Is that due to age?

Well... perhaps. Would you like me to find the replacement battery for you?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
OK

I'm researching that now...

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
One more question, after following your difficult sign on and agreeing to a 7 day free trial. I need to know how to cancel NOW. I do not want to be charged for any further service. How do I make that happen. Also my battery number is *****
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
OK, I am done. I have been on here for over an hour and I NOT satisfied that you helped me.

I have passed your cancellation request to Customer Support, which will take care of it.