Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years
5229702

I have a garmin nuvi 200w gps. i hav apparently totaly

Customer Question

I have a garmin nuvi 200w gps. i hav apparently totaly discharged the unit . the screen displayes "GARMIN" logo,and a symbol of a unit pluged into a computer how long should I charge it by house current ,and what should I do next to start unit.The unit was acquired from a relative.
JA: What is the exact model of your Garmin? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: a nuvi 200w,approx 5years old.
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: the screen showed nothing when turned to the on positioon.unit was previously operating normallly
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: charging for four hours ,then holding in on position for forty-five seconds.
JA: Is there anything else the GPS Technician should be aware of?
Customer: No
Category: GPS
Expert:  Greg A. replied 4 months ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist you today.

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue you are having with your device.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) When was the device last used SUCCESSFULLY?

2) Was it connected to a power source that last time, and if so, what power source?

3) What power source was it connected to for the 4 hour charge time, and when was that done?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
IMPORTANT NOTE:
If you see ANY requests for "additional services" - such as a phone call - please understand that these are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at the moment. Feel free to DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.

Thanks

Expert:  Greg A. replied 4 months ago.

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I haven't seen a response on this page, so I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue OR if the issue was resolved?

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)