GPS

GPS Repair Problems? Ask a GPS Technician for Answers ASAP

GPS

No maps found, one N14644, been inop for several years,

Customer Question
no maps found JA: What's the...
no maps found
JA: What's the make/model of your GPS unit? How old is it?
Customer: tom tom one N14644
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: been inop for several years
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: tryied updating several years ago
JA: Is there anything else the GPS Technician should be aware of?
Customer: no
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: GPS
5/12/2017
Electronics Technician: Dustin, Senior Technician replied 6 months ago
Dustin, Senior Technician

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

The fix for this should be simple.. What you need to do is download the my drive connect program onto your mac or pc.. ( its free )

http://us.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6218/~/updating-the-software-on-your-navigation-device-%28mydrive-connect%29

That page will guide you through the process. Once you have downloaded and installed the program.. Slide and hold the power button on your tomtom for 30 seconds.. Its should make the drum sound.

Then, connect it to your computer and run the tomtom program on your pc. And allow it to update the software, maps, etc.

This will fix the issue.. If you get stuck or have further questions.. Let me know.

Dustin S

Dustin, Senior Technician