Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Computers and Electronics. GPS Expert.
23511658

I have a G-5 approach and I would like to update a golf

Customer Question

please - I have a G-5 approach and I would like to update a golf course called the ridge in West valley Utah
JA: What's the make/model of your GPS unit? How old is it?
Customer: my guess is it about 6 yrs old and it is Garmin G-5 approach
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: please forgive me I am a bit puter illetirate LOL nothing happened
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I haven't tried any thing but I went to play this course last week and realized it has been redone and my Garmin has old course
JA: Is there anything else the GPS Technician should be aware of?
Customer: I would guess just the name of course right? it is the ridge in west valley utah
Category: GPS
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 5 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** will be helping you with your question today. Please give me a moment to review your question and respond.

The first thing I would do is make sure you have the latest version of the web updater installed by using garmin express. You can do that at the following link:

http://bitli.es/MOes2V

once you've done that, let me know, and we can make sure you have the latest course updates.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I am not trying to download this to kindle - I just want to update my Garmin G-5 approach golf course gps I have this now plugged into my computer - how do i do this - I can see that you have already billed me the initial $5.00 plus the $29.00 other fee and I don't want to spend another $26.00 on a phone call. If you unable to answer my question this way I would like to get refund