Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years
5229702

Is there a way I can check my settings so I can go places

Customer Question

Is there a way I can check my settings so I can go places with my Garmin on the shortest route
JA: What is the exact model of your Garmin? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Nice 2589 LMT
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: What don't understand your question
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: None i was told I can change things so the GPS do not take me the longest route were I'm going
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: Don't see a arrow
JA: Is there anything else the GPS Technician should be aware of?
Customer: No it's just the I went to Virgina and on my way back the GPS was trying to direct me to go thru D.C. instead 495 to Baktimore
Category: GPS
Expert:  Greg A. replied 4 months ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist you today.

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue you are having with your device.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) The AGE of the device?

2) How often do you use this device?

3) Do you have any documents - like an owner's manual - for this device?

I ask these questions so that I know how "familiar" you are with the device operation and what resources you have.

Please use the REPLY box below.
IMPORTANT NOTE:
If you see ANY requests for "additional services" - such as a phone call - please understand that these are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at the moment. Feel free to DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.

Thanks