Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years
5229702

My Nuvi initially turns on but shuts down about 6 seconds

Customer Question

My Nuvi initially turns on but shuts down about 6 seconds after starting before anything other than the word Garmin comes and then it shuts down.
JA: What is the exact model of your Garmin? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: I no longer have the container It was in. It was purchased about 10 years ago and has not been used on that time.
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I am not sure I understand. But here goes anyway. I push the start button ( upper right) sand hold about 2 seconds and the name Garmin comes on. Dim at first ) about 2 seconds) then bright for a couple of sdecpns, then it shuts down.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Essentially repeating the same process because I can't think of any other. I believe this has been referred to as insanity.
JA: Is there anything else the GPS Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Not that I am aware of.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Greg A. replied 5 months ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist you today.

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue you are having with your device.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) The FULL Model Name & Number of the device you are working with? That model should be printed on the device - usually on the BACK of the device - UNDER any mounting bracket or cradle. OR if you can find the Serial number (usually printed near a BAR CODE or QR code, I may be able to find the model from that serial.

2) WHEN was the device last used successfully?

Please use the REPLY box below.
IMPORTANT NOTE:
If you see ANY requests for "additional services" - such as a phone call - please understand that these are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at the moment. Feel free to DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.

Thanks

Expert:  Greg A. replied 5 months ago.

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I haven't seen a response on this page, so I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue OR if the issue was resolved?

If we can find the model number (or serial number) I'm pretty certain we can find a replacement battery for the Nuvi.

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)