Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years
5229702

My TomTomXL battery does not charge up any mmore. Is there a

Customer Question

my TomTomXL battery does not charge up any mmore. Is there a way to replace the internal battery? Thank you
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: TOM Tom one XL, about 8 years old
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: The unit was working perfect until last week. When I tried to use it this weekend the screen stayed grey. I blocked it into the car socked because I thought the battery was dead but nothing happened.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No Sir
Category: GPS
Expert:  Greg A. replied 5 months ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist you today.

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue you are having with your device.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) The FULL Model Name & Number of the device you are working with? In other words, do you have ANY numbers on the device - besides the letters?

If you can find and send back the first few characters of the serial number (usually printed right next to a bar code), I should be able to find the exact model.

2) Have you ever worked on a device like this (opened one up), and want to try to replace the battery yourself?

Please use the REPLY box below.
IMPORTANT NOTE:
If you see ANY requests for "additional services" - such as a phone call - please understand that these are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at the moment. Feel free to DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.

Thanks

Expert:  Greg A. replied 5 months ago.

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I haven't seen a response on this page, so I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue OR if the issue was resolved?

If you have still not located a battery for the device, I have a couple of links for you below about where to get a kit to do the job and a video that shows the process (pretty easy on this device).

TomTom One XL Battery Replacement Kit
http://amzn.to/2pKcTA1

TomTom One XL Battery Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0432d1u5Ck

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)