GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience supporting electronics of all kinds
76665483

We haven't used our Garmin nuvi260 in a couple of years. We

Customer Question

We haven't used our Garmin nuvi260 in a couple of years. We need to now. When we turn it on it says that there are no maps to use to map the route. We want to update, but don't know what to do.
JA: What is the exact model of your Garmin? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It is a Nuvi 260, and I guess it's about 5 years old. We updated it once, but don't remember how we did that.
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: We turned it on, and the disclaimer came on, like always and then it went immediately to the screen that said there were no maps.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Don't know how to do that either.
JA: Is there anything else the GPS Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Not that I know of. We plugged it in properly. and it does light up, so apparently it will work, just don't know what to do.
Category: GPS
Expert:  GeekGal replied 5 months ago.

Hi there! My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this problem. It would be my pleasure to assist you. You will need to download the Garmin Express Software onto your computer and connect your Garmin to the computer with either a usb cable or ANT stick ( whichever came with your Garmin). The Garmin Express software will help you to update your maps, and keep your base software up to date. Here's a link that tells you exactly what to do, with illustrated instructions.

https://software.garmin.com/en-US/express.html

Please give this a try and let me know the results. If this resolves your problem, please take a moment to rate my service. I'd really appreciate it! As an independent consultant, I am only paid for my work if I receive a positive rating. I work very hard to offer excellent service. You can give your rating by selecting the stars located on the top right of the question page and then clicking on submit. If this does not resolve the problem, please let me know so we can continue troubleshooting. I am committed to working with you until your problem has been resolved. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!