GPS

GPS Repair Problems? Ask a GPS Technician for Answers ASAP

GPS

Followed your instructions to format Garmin Edge 500. Now

Customer Question
all I get on power...
Followed your instructions to format Garmin Edge 500. Now all I get on power up is: "working" The device does not register in 'My Computer'
JA: What is the exact model of your Garmin? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Garmin Edge 500, about 4 to 5 years old
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I formatted it. Because it was driving me mad
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: No useable data for about two months now. It just locked up every ride with some strange screen
JA: Anything else you want the GPS expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Does it have compatability issues with a Mac?
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: GPS
1/11/2017
Electronics Technician: Pete, Engineer replied 10 months ago
Pete, Engineer

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.

The Garmin Edge 500 is compatible with a Mac.

Have you tried it with any other Macs or computers?

Can you try leaving it connected to the Mac and then power off and restart the Mac whilst the Edge 500 is still connected, and let me know if it registers?

Pete, Engineer