Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years
5229702

We have a Garmin Drive 50 LMT and it will not find addresses

Customer Question

We have a Garmin Drive 50 LMT and it will not find addresses - error message is "cannot access maps" - the menu says maps are loaded.
JA: What is the exact model of your Garmin? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It is a Garmin Drive 50 LMT bought new in December - doesn't seem to have any other model designation
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I type in an address and it saysd "cannot find search results for ......"
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: nothing yet
JA: Anything else you want the GPS expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no - that's our only issue
Category: GPS
Expert:  Steve G. replied 9 months ago.

Hi. I'm Steve and I will be assisting you today. I've been helping customers like you on this site since 2005.

*** Please note that I cannot take a call right now*** Please ignore the automated prompts for a phone call. It is not me sending them to you.

Ok. Please go to My Maps in the Settings and then press INFO. Tell me everything you see there.

I'll be waiting.

Steve