Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years
5229702

My Garmin approach s1 gps watch will not turn on screen is

Customer Question

Hi my Garmin approach s1 gps watch will not turn on screen is just blank.. i used it once for round of golf.. turned it off.. went to charge it for the next time and the battery symbol came up and then it just all went blank.. and now wont switch on at all.. thanks
JA: What is the exact model of your Garmin? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: approach S1
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: it was a christmas present
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: the charging screen come on when i plugged it in.. then i went to turn it on and it just went black and wont turn back on ive tried charging it
JA: Anything else you want the GPS expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: ive tried connecting and syncing it with the garmin website ive tried pressing and holding down the on button for about 30seconds nothing happened
Category: GPS
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

When you connect it to the computer, is the computer detecting the watch at all?

Please let me know