Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years
5229702

I purchased this Magellan several years ago. The program

Customer Question

I purchased this Magellan several years ago. The program that was on my computer disappeared and I want to update my maps but don't know how to do it. Can you help?
JA: What's the make/model of your GPS unit? How old is it?
Customer: Magellan Model 02136Tlm. It is probably 10 years ago.
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I had a virus on my computer and the computer tech had to rebuild the hard disk and I never could find the box the GPS came in.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I haven't tried any because I did not know what to do. The GPS works fine I just don't know how to upgrade the maps.
JA: Anything else you want the GPS expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Can I get a replacement manual and have the computer program downloaded to my computer?
Category: GPS
Expert:  Greg A. replied 8 months ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue you are having with your device.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) Can you CONFIRM the FULL Model Name & Number of the device you are working with? Would that happen to be a "Roadmate" model?

2) Does the device still "operate well"? That is, does it still take a charge, power up, and have good battery life (stays on without being connected to power for AT LEAST 15 minutes)?

3) Do you have the USB cord for connecting the device to the computer?

Please use the REPLY box below.
NOTE: If you see ANY requests for "additional services" - such as a phone call - please understand that these are sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT be available by phone at the moment.
Feel free to DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.

Thanks

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Magellan RoadMate 2136T-LM It operates fine and I do have the USB cord to connect to the computer
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have already been charged twice for this conversation. Once for $5 and then another charge for about $36.00. How many more time are you going to charge me before I get the answer. I don't want to call you because I am hard of hearing.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 8 months ago.

OK - very good.

Recently Magellan has gone to a "web-based" update system - which is a "good thing" in your particular case (update software lost from the computer).

So let me give you a link to the "starting page" for that update system, and I recommend REVIEWING that page and THEN clicking on the link (towards the bottom of the first "window" on that page) to actually start the process.

Click Here to start --> http://www.magellangps.com/SmartGPSEco

Please give that a try and let me know if that works for you.

Thanks, ***** *****