GPS

GPS Repair Problems? Ask a GPS Technician for Answers ASAP

GPS

I attempted to updated the software on my Garmin Nuvi and

Customer Question
Hello! I attempted to updated...
Hello! I attempted to updated the software on my Garmin Nuvi and after the update all of my favoriters were deleted How can I recover them?
JA: What is the exact model of your Garmin? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Nuvi 1350 approximately 4 years old
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I connected the device to my computer to do an update through Garmin Express for the first time
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Im a novice at this. Ive only googled for info
JA: Anything else you want the GPS expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I was asked if I'd allow them to use my info
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: GPS
1/4/2017
Electronics Technician: Pete, Engineer replied 10 months ago
Pete, Engineer

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.

Do you have a backup of the favorites saved somewhere to recover them from?

No I do not.

Ok, then unfortunately there is no way to retrieve them if you do not have a backup to recover from.

Okay. So what information did Garmin ask to use? Wouldnt it be my addresses? I also had to register the device. There is a file on the account that shows content. Can that be the lost info?

What format is the file on the account that shows content?

Hi, just checking in on your question. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 4 stars or more and press submit so I am credited for my time, otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

Pete, Engineer