GPS

GPS Repair Problems? Ask a GPS Technician for Answers ASAP

GPS

I have a Magellan roadmate with a broken screen can it be

Customer Question
replaced? JA: What's the make/model of...
I have a Magellan roadmate with a broken screen can it be replaced?
JA: What's the make/model of your GPS unit? How old is it?
Customer: give me a min to get that information
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Magellan roadmate RM9812t-LM
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: The screen is broken
JA: Anything else you want the GPS expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: The Model # RM9612T-LM
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: GPS
1/3/2017
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 1 year ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue you are having with your device.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) What is the AGE of the device?

2) Was this device purchased as NEW or perhaps "refurbished"?

Please use the REPLY box below.

NOTE: If you see ANY requests for "additional services" - such as a phone call - please understand that these are sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I may NOT be available by phone at the moment of that request.
Feel free to DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.

Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I just purchased it in the last 4 months new from Target

Hi again and thanks for that information.

OK - at that age (less than 1 year), Magellan SHOULD be able to repair/replace the device under the warranty period. But there is a fairly strict process - where you MUST get a "Return Authorization" (RA) number - BEFORE sending the device.

Let me send you a link to the Magellan "Repair/Return" page (CLICK HERE).

All the details (and links) are on that page about how this process will occur, and I encourage reading of the ENTIRE page before starting the process.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any more questions about your device.

If this has helped answer your question(s), please take a moment to rate MY service level (5-star is my goal) so that I get credit for my time helping you with this question.
You should see some "stars" (and SUBMIT button) to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have to REFRESH your screen) or can not use them.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)

Greg A.
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer