GPS

GPS Repair Problems? Ask a GPS Technician for Answers ASAP

GPS

GPS worked great until Jan 2nd. I up dated maps after

Customer Question
completion a messaage JA: Just to...
GPS worked great until Jan 2nd. I up dated maps after completion a messaage
JA: Just to clarify, what's the brand and model of the GPS?
Customer: Garmin NUVI 780 serial # 1CG041621
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Don't know
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: the problem was after I updated my maps I couldn't get any response on the
JA: Anything else you want the GPS expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: touch screen.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: GPS
1/3/2017
Electronics Technician: GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech replied 1 year ago
GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech

Hello! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, e-readers and printers.

This and many other Issues are often caused by a software "glitch". Luckily this is usually easily resolved by resetting the device to factory settings.

Note: A master reset will erase all favorites1 and will restore your device to the default factory settings. If you would like to back up your favorites to your computer, you can find instructions to do so here.

To perform a master reset on a nuvi 200, 205, 405, 500, 600, 700, 705, 1100, 1200, 1300, 1400 series, 1690, 1695, 2300 LIVE series, zumo 220, 450, 550, 660, and 665:

1. Start with the device OFF and unplugged from power
  2. Touch and hold the lower right corner of the screen with an index finger or the eraser end of a pencil
  3. Continue touching and holding the lower right hand corner of the screen then power the device ON
  4. Release the power button when the device powers ON
  5. You will see a new message: "Do you really want to erase all user data?"
  6. Remove your finger from the touch screen when this message displays
  7. Touch Yes
    • If text language is not in English, this is the button on the right

The device will now reset. Follow the on-screen prompts and then place your device in an area with a clear view of the sky until it acquires satellites.

1Although the master reset will erase all saved favorites, any loaded custom points of interest will remain intact on the device.

Please give this a try and let me know the results. If this resolves your problem, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? I'd really appreciate it! You can give your rating by selecting the stars located on the top right of the question page and then clicking on submit. If you need more help, please let me know. I am committed to working with you until your problem has been resolved. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!

GeekGal
GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech