Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

A very tricky q. I have a garmin nuvi - old I can't say

Customer Question

a very tricky q.
JA: What's the make/model of your GPS unit? How old is it?
Customer: I have a garmin nuvi - old I can't say other than 2008REC014 because i've had to glue the holder to the backplate and can't read any info there.
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I want to retrieve lats and longs of saved addresses. I simply saved them but now can't get the actual lats and longs.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: How can I do that?
JA: Anything else you want the GPS expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I've looked all over the internet. I've even got hold of a windows computer (I use a mac usually) and got a cable to link to the laptop. ok
Category: GPS
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.

Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

Connect the Garmin nuvi to a computer using the supplied USB cable. Click Start, "Computer" and then double-click the "nuvi" drive.

Double-click the "GPX" folder, right-click "Current.gpx" and select "Copy."

Right-click the computer desktop and select "Paste" to copy the "Current.gpx" file to the computer.

You can then use a reader to extract the lat and long information from the gpx file.

--------------------
Happy Holidays!
Your satisfaction is my priority;
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press submit at the top of your question page so I am rewarded for my time; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back at any time if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------

Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

Hi, just checking in on your question. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 4 stars or more and press submit so I am credited for my time, otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.