Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have backer active 5 and i update maps but when device

Customer Question

i have backer active 5 and i update maps but when device start apera eror with the rezolution of img is not ok device can,t accept 800x480 please help me
JA: What's the make/model of your GPS unit? How old is it?
Customer: becker active 5 . it have 1 year
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: i update the maps. and update was finish i try to start device but i can'y
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: i make backup format device and restore
JA: Anything else you want the GPS expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: GPS
Expert:  Russell H. replied 7 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Though there is little information available for Becker map devices, I suspect that you simply applied to your Active 5, an update or a map meant for another Becker device, that has an 800 pixel by 480 pixel screen, which your Active 5 lacks.

This would make it impossible for the update, or the map, to display on your Active 5, leading to the error message you have mentioned, about "can't accept 800x480".

If this doesn't sound right, in any way, or if you need further advice, please let me know, and I will continue to advise you as appropriate, and to help you with this problem if I can (and if I cannot help, to turn this problem over to other Experts here.)