GPS

GPS Repair Problems? Ask a GPS Technician for Answers ASAP

GPS

I have a new golf buddy pt4 and it says it needs updating,

Customer Question
i have a new golf...
i have a new golf buddy pt4 and it says it needs updating
JA: What's the make/model of your GPS unit? How old is it?
Customer: 2015
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: unit was used last year but when it was turned on here in florida this is all that came on the screen.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: none. i just found this site
JA: Anything else you want the GPS expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: just found out unit was purchased in march 2016
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: GPS
12/1/2016
Electronics Technician: Pete, Engineer replied 1 year ago
Pete, Engineer

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.

To update the PT4, please go to http://www.golfbuddyglobal.com/media/updates.asp

--------------------
Your satisfaction is my priority;
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars at the top of your question page so I am rewarded for my time; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back at any time if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi Pete
I reviewed your reply and went to the golfbuddy website.
The only update there was from 2014. This unit was working fine from Feb thru Apr 2016.
When we turned the unit on this week it said it needed an update.
We plugged the unit into a computer and nothing has worked so far.
Any further assistance would be appreciated.
Thank you

If no updates are showing then the device will need to be returned to the place or purchase or direct to GolfBuddy to have the software reinstalled on it.

Pete.

Hi, just checking in on your question. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 4 stars or more and press submit so I am credited for my time, otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

Pete, Engineer