GPS

GPS Repair Problems? Ask a GPS Technician for Answers ASAP

GPS

My GPS is outof function. M/rc NUVI57LM. 4PB005798. NOTHING

Customer Question
hi JA: Hello. What is your...
hi
JA: Hello. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: My GPS is outof function
JA: Just to clarify, what's the brand and model of the GPS?
Customer: m/rc NUVI57LM
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: 4PB005798
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: NOTHING YET HELP ME TO UPDATE MY DEVICE, PLZ
JA: Anything else you want the GPS expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I NEED HELP TO UPDATE MY GPS GARMIN GPS I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA, IT DOES NOT FIND ANY ADRESS IN CALI, BUT IN OTHER STATES
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: GPS
11/26/2016
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 1 year ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

Sorry to hear of any issue you are having with your device.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) The AGE of the device?

2) WHEN and WHERE was the device last used SUCCESSFULLY?

3) Has the device EVER been updated before (in the past)?

Please use the REPLY box below.

NOTE WELL: If you see ANY requests for "additional services" - such as a phone call - please understand that these are sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I may NOT be available by phone at the moment of that request.
Feel free to DECLINE any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.

Thanks

I see you have opened two NEW questions regarding this issue.

Please try to respond ONLY HERE - so we can look into this issue.

Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Help me to update my Garmin GPS, it's connected to my laptop,

Thanks for coming back to your original question.

Can you respond to my questions - which I will paste below:

o help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) The AGE of the device?

I TRIED to respond to your Premium Service (call request), but see there is a "payment failure". This may be a "security check" from your bank (after multiple questions) and will need to be cleared before I can call.

OR - we can continue here - in this text/chat form.

OR - I can offer a call request from my end, which may be easier for you to accept.

Please let me know what you would like to do at this point.

Hi again,

I have not seen a response back here - on this page - but will assume that you want to continue to troubleshoot this issue.

With that in mind, let me ask if you can find the "myMaps" screen on the device, and tell me EXACTLY what you see on that screen?

NOTES:

a) The device will have to be either disconnected from the computer OR connected to vehicle power (NOT the computer), to see that screen.

b) To get to that "myMaps" screen, START at the MAIN screen, then

Touch Settings

Touch Map & Vehicle (you may have to scroll down to see that)

Touch myMaps

Please let me know EXACTLY what you see on that screen - including ALL icons and ALL lines of TEXT.

Thanks

(im)

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I haven't seen a response on this page, so I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue OR if the issue was resolved?

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)

Greg A.
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer