Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years
5229702

I have just purchased a Garmin Nuvi 2599 LMT.HD, but when I

Customer Question

I have just purchased a Garmin Nuvi 2599 LMT.HD, but when I put in the address destination, I don;t have a voice giving me the directions.
JA: What is the exact model of your Garmin? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Bluetooth 010-01187-00, Purchased from Sam;s Club a month ago
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I don't understand the question...
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have cut in on and off,,,but I have the screen showing me the direction
JA: Anything else you want the gps expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I love the map and directions it shows but I have NO voice telling me the direction to go and the top bar of the Garmin doesn't show me the directions only the address entered.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Greg A. replied 9 months ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue you are having with your device.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) I noticed that you have had this device for "a month". So is this the FIRST TIME you have tried to use the device?

2) Do you hear ANY SOUND coming from the device at all - such as when you touch the screen to enter information?

Please use the REPLY box below.

Thanks

NOTE: If you see ANY requests for "additional services" - such as a phone call - please understand that these are sent BY THE SITE (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at the moment.
Feel free to DECLINE any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
it's the first time I've used the deivce...there is a sound when the VOIce command is asked.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 9 months ago.

Hi again and thanks for that information.

OK - so if you say "Voice command", does the voice command screen appear and the device says something like "Say a command"?

Expert:  Greg A. replied 8 months ago.

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I haven't seen a response on this page, so I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue OR if the issue was resolved?

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)