Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years
5229702

Garmin 1350 got wet and now it won't p/u the satelites. It

Customer Question

garmin 1350 got wet and now it won't p/u the satelites.
JA: What is the exact model of your Garmin? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It is a nuvi 1350 aprox 5=6 yrs
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I don't understand
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: nothing I did not know what to do
JA: Anything else you want the gps expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no It work after i notice the moister for a few hrs then lost contact with the sat.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Greg A. replied 10 months ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

Sorry to hear of any issue you are having with your device.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) How did the device get wet and how "wet" did it get?

That is - was it rained on, dropped in water for a few minutes, etc.?

2) Can you find the Serial Number of the device and send it back here to me? That serial number SHOULD be on the bottom of the unit, inside an outlined box (remove mounting bracket to view).

I only ask so I can see if a "factory repair" might be available for this particular unit.

Please use the REPLY box below.

Thanks

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The unit has been sitting on my desk for about a week.
While I was working on this reply, it started to work again. It seems to be working fine now If it stops again ,I will contact you again
,
. It got wet from condensation
Expert:  Greg A. replied 10 months ago.

Hi again,

OK - would that be condensation from being cold and brought into a "humid" area?

If that is the case, I would recommend giving it the "rice bag treatment" - where you put the device is a large zipper baggie filled with UNCOOKED rice - and let it sit for several hours at least (longer is better).

And if at all possible - try to avoid the conditions that caused the original condensation issue in the future. As you may know "moisture is not good for devices such as this".

Please let me know if you have any more questions.

If this advice has helped answer your question(s), please take a moment to rate MY service level (5-star is my goal) so that I get credit for my time helping you with this question.
You should see some "stars" (and SUBMIT button) to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have to REFRESH your screen) or can not use them.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-

Expert:  Greg A. replied 10 months ago.

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I haven't seen a response on this page, so I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue OR if the issue was resolved?

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)