OK - that's interesting, as my lookup tool is NOT finding that particular unit.
So let's go ahead and TRY the master reset I mentioned earlier. I have the steps below.
Note: A master reset will erase all favorites and will restore your device to the default factory settings. If you would like to back up your favorites to your computer.
To perform a master reset on a nuvi 40 series devices:
- Start with the device OFF and unplugged from power (or the computer)
- To verify the device is powered off and not in standby mode, press and hold down the power button until prompted to turn off the device
- Press and hold the lower right hand corner of the display portion of the touchscreen
- Power on the device while continuing to hold the display
- Remove your finger from the touchscreen when "Erase all user data?" appears
- Touch Yes
- If text language is not in English, this is the button on the right
The device will now reset. Follow the on-screen prompts and then place your device in an area with a clear view of the sky until it acquires satellites.
NOTE: Although the master reset will erase all saved favorites, any loaded custom points of interest will remain intact on the device.
After the reset, go DIRECTLY to the Map/info screen - to see if the maps have reappeared.
Do this BEFORE connecting to the computer.
Let me know what happens.