How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Greg A. Your Own Question
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Category: GPS
Satisfied Customers: 2480
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years
Type Your GPS Question Here...
Greg A. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a distance hiker I want a wrist device that keeps track

Customer Question

I am a long distance hiker I want a wrist device that keeps track of distance hiked by GPS ( not by counting steps ) tells time and altitude ( this feature is not a must ) I want it simple not one of those watches with 100 different options that I will never use but also never understand how to us Long battery life is a desired feature also.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the brand and model of the GPS?
Customer: I want to buy a Garmin brand watch to do the things I mentioned above
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I don't understand
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I am not trouble shooting I want to buy a watch I had an older Forerunner model that was simple but it was lost. To recap I just want distance hiked, time and altitude Want distance calculated by GPS not steps. The GPS is built into the watch Very simple model without lots of other options
JA: Anything else you want the gps expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Greg A. replied 10 months ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) What model of Forerunner did you have previously, and were you happy with its performance?

2) What kind of budget did you have in mind?