crash2199
crash2199, Technician
Experience:  10+ years
50836188

I have a less than two year Edge 1000. I will put it away at

Customer Question

I have a less than two year Edge 1000. I will put it away at night with 100% full charge. When I turn it on in the morning, it indicates low battery and shuts off. It also won't download indicated updates.
JA: What's the make/model of your GPS unit? How old is it?
Customer: Edge 1000 bought 5/19/2014.
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It will not hold a charge.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Are these automated questions?
JA: Anything else you want the gps expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Won't hold a charge over night and won't update.
Category: GPS
Expert:  crash2199 replied 11 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

The issue that you are having is related to the battery not holding a charge and would require the battery to be replaced. Since this is outside of the 1 year warranty, it would be cheaper to purchase and install the battery yourself rather than have Garmin perform the repair for you.

The battery replacement kit can be purchased here: https://www.amazon.com/Garmin-Edge-1000-Replacement-Installation/dp/B01LWOPQ1G

In the kit is the instructions on how to replace the battery along with the battery.

If you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 4 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.