Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My gps is frozen on a street direction screen, Magellan

Customer Question

my gps is frozen on a street direction screen
JA: Just to clarify, what's the brand and model of the GPS?
Customer: Magellan roadmate 5045 lm
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: nothing the gps would not move to the next turn. frozen on that street.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: turned the gps off and back on, no help still frozen
JA: Anything else you want the gps expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: GPS
Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

Hello, Sorry you're having problems. Please slide and hold the power switch on the top of the Magellan for 12 full seconds and release and the screen should go back to startup within a minute. Don't press anything else during that minute and wait and see what the GPS does. Let me know if that fixes the problem.

Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

Do you need further assistance with this.

Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

Hello, I was just following up to see if you needed further help. The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for-could you please kindly rate my service POSITIVELY (by clicking a 3-5 star rating at the top of the page) to reflect that? Thanks in advance.