MasterFixIt
MasterFixIt, Technician
Experience:  I have 12 years of experience servicing all GPS models.
11519491

I have a Garmin 920 XT with a heart rate monitor. The heart

Customer Question

I have a Garmin 920 XT with a heart rate monitor. The heart rate monitor no longer catches my heart rate. I put in a new battery but it still doesn't work. Is there something else I can do? Have you hear other issues with it?
JA: What is the exact model of your Garmin? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: I don't have it with me. It is about 2-3 years old. It has the triathlon feature that I use for Ironman races, open water swims. I really love it but need the heart rate monitor to work
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: What do you mean? I used it last week and it worked fine. When I used it on Saturday, it didn't pick up a heart rate. I changed the battery, went out for a bike ride/run and it still doesn't work. I changed the battery again, but no go.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: That's it! Any ideas what I should do?
JA: Anything else you want the GPS expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, that's it. Thanks!
Category: GPS
Expert:  MasterFixIt replied 11 months ago.

Hi , I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

This one will require service as the heart rate sensor has failed. These sensors aren't very robust.

You can have this repaired and this is the best place to bring this, is Best Buy or even Sears. They do an excellent job of this and they are Honest, and low cost for this service;-)

I wish I had better news for you, I really do, but its not something you could fix.

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a great evening!

Sincerely

Tech Michael