Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years
5229702

2 When I am on the course, the lighting on the screen (its a

Customer Question

2 When I am on the course, the lighting on the screen (its a colored one, not black and white) isn't light enough that I can see the distances, especially the ones to the front and back of the green. I went into menu and increased the brightness to maximum. But I wonder if that is good for the unit.
JA: What's the make/model of your GPS unit? How old is it?
Customer: Also I have something else come up on the screen on the 18th hole a few different days. My unit I got last spring. Is it a PT4
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Don't understand the question. What popped up?
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I asked 2 questions. First I called the number I called last spring to order the unit and it was an automated response. I hate not being able to talk to a person. There ought to be a law. Anyway I got out a manual for my old golf buddy and got into the menu and raised the rightness to maximum.
JA: Anything else you want the GPS expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: When we got to the last hole some other writing came on the screen that I have trouble reading without digging my glasses out of my golf bag. One might have said something about a player.
Category: GPS
Expert:  MasterFixIt replied 9 months ago.

Hi , I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

It is ok to set the brightness to its maximum;-)

as for the brightness, was it ever brighter to you?

Also how old is your New Golf Buddy?

Sincerely

Tech Michael

In addition, I am the technician and YES you can have me call you if you would like that better?

I will send you the offer as per Just Answer. If you accept the offer I will call you at your earliest convenience even now would work fine for me. If you'd rather just work here through texts, that's fine with me as well

Please let me know how you wish to proceed?

Sincerely

Tech Michael