Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years
5229702

My garmin 800 doubles the cadence number.It happens both ony

Customer Question

My garmin 800 doubles the cadence number.It happens both ony Garmin 800 and on Trainerroad loaded on my Samsung 6
JA: What is the exact model of your Garmin? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Perhaps 4 years old. Serial number 22M135256
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Frankly, I never bothered with cadence until I started using Trainerroad on my Samsung. They seem ito think it is important. I then pulled out the Garmin and put cadence on it. Same thing. Double
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Nothing. I am not real technical but isn't this just a sensor being passed by a magnet. Since it has the same problem on both devices, I really don't know where to start.
JA: Anything else you want the GPS expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: It seems like everything else works. I changed the battery in the stay sensor to see if that worked. Nope.
Category: GPS
Expert:  MasterFixIt replied 9 months ago.

Hi , I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

On this one what version of Windows are to currently running?

Thanks

Tech Michael