Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have an Etrex and the screen is not lighting. It is about

Customer Question

I have an Etrex and the screen is not lighting.
JA: What's the make/model of your GPS unit? How old is it?
Customer: It is about 10 to 15 years old. It is 12 channels but I can not locate the model number
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I was pressing one of the buttons. I think it was the page button.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I tried to go to set up and display to see if there was something turned off.
JA: Anything else you want the GPS expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I need help.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.

Hello, Sorry you're having problems. Please press and hold the right hand button (labeled "Light") for 10 full seconds and release, then wait a minute and see if the GPS will turn on. Let me know what happens.

Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.

If that does not work, then remove the battery cover (slide it off) and remove the batteries. Wait 30 seconds then put the batteries back in and press power once. If it still does not show anything on the display, press and hold the Power/Light button again for 10 full seconds and release, then wait a full minute to see if anything shows up on the screen.

Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.

Beyond those steps it would be worth replacing the batteries in the Etrex if you have not done this already.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.