crash2199
crash2199, Technician
Experience:  10+ years
50836188

My Tomtom is frozen on the continue screen after first

Customer Question

Hello! My Tomtom is frozen on the continue screen after first turning it on.
JA: What's the make/model of your GPS unit? How old is it?
Customer: it's the TomTom XL and I've had it for 3 years.
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Be fore the "This Device Belongs To..." Screen propped?
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I only had the option of turning it off, waiting for two minutes and turning it back on again. I then completely unplugged it, and turned it back on. But the same screen appears and does not go to the GPS screen even after pressing the continue button
JA: Anything else you want the GPS expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that's it.
Category: GPS
Expert:  crash2199 replied 9 months ago.

Hi!

Please try this (similar to what you have tried)

Hold down the power button for 20 seconds without releasing. The TomTom will restart and after the restart, the screen should be unfrozen.

Please let me know if it does not work otherwise if you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 3 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

Expert:  crash2199 replied 8 months ago.

I have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

I still have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

I hope everything is okay with your issue. -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.