Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years
5229702

I was using my Garmin num 57 LMT to Houston and Ithe voice

Customer Question

I was using my Garmin num 57 LMT to Houston and Ithe voice was giving all the directions. then as i neared my destination I pressed the stop button because I did not want to hear more. Now my problem is I can't get the voice back and the stop button has an X. How can I get the voice back giving the directions.Can you please let me know.The stop button has dimmed down
JA: What is the exact model of your Garmin? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Garmin num 57 LMT ..I bought it a month ago and this is the first time I used it.
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: The ldy was directing me nicely and thenas I was on the home stretch I thought of stoppinghearing the directions. so I presses the stop button on the lower left and now I cannot get it to speak
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have tried going to settings--volume....now at the side of the volume the vwith a line across it appears.I tried increasing the volume or lowering it but that symbol will not go away
JA: Anything else you want the GPS expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thats all
Category: GPS
Expert:  Greg A. replied 9 months ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

Sorry to hear of any issue you are having with your device.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) What SCREEN were you looking at - when you pressed the "Stop" button?

2) Can you still SEE the directions - to the next turn?

NOTE: If you are driving, please STOP in a safe location during our conversation.

Thanks

Expert:  Greg A. replied 8 months ago.

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I haven't seen a response on this page, so I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue OR if the issue was resolved?

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)