GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience supporting electronics of all kinds
76665483

My garmin has stopped operating. I am getting only a blank

Customer Question

Hi there, My garmin has stopped operating. I am getting only a blank screen.
JA: What is the exact model of your Garmin? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: nuvi 2555
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I do not understand your question.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have connected to my car cig lighter to make sure that it has power. Other than that, nothing.
JA: Anything else you want the GPS expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes, is there an electric power source for this unit? How do I update the maps?
Category: GPS
Expert:  GeekGal replied 10 months ago.

Hi there. My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this problem. I will do my best to help.

Please try pressing and holding the power button for 10 seconds. If that doesn't work, try a master reset. Please follow these steps:

Start with the unit off and unplugged from power.

1. Touch and hold the lower right corner of the screen with an index finger or the eraser end of a pencil
  2. Continue touching and holding the lower right hand corner of the screen then power the unit on.
  3. Release the power button when the device powers on.
    • You will see a new message: "Do you really want to erase all user data?"
  4. Remove your finger from the touchscreen when this message displays
  5. Touch "Yes"
  6. Restart the unit

If you'd like, you can watch a video of the rest process to clarify any questions that you may have.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPGtTyOt-Hw

Expert:  GeekGal replied 10 months ago.

Please give this a try and let me know how it works for you. If this solves the problem, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? You can give your rating by selecting the stars located on the top right of the question page. I'd really appreciate it! Without a positive rating I am not credited for my answer. If this doesn't solve the problem be sure to let me know so we can continue troubleshooting.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 10 months ago.

.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 9 months ago.

Hello there. Were you successfully able to reset your Nuvi? If not, please let me know so we can continue troubleshooting.

Alison