Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years
5229702

After charging my 2689LMT all day it will not come on. I

Customer Question

After charging my 2689LMT all day it will not come on. I plugged it in because when I went to use it this weekend it showed a red battery symbol in the upper right corner.
JA: What's the make/model of your GPS unit? How old is it?
Customer: Garmin Nuvi 2689LMT,less than a month.
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: This was the first time I tried to use it. I did charge it when I first got it which seemed to go fine and then I put it on the shelf until this weekend.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Tried resetting it by holding the power button down for 15 secs but that didn't work
JA: Anything else you want the GPS expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's it.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Greg A. replied 11 months ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue you are having with your device.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) What power source did you use to charge the device?

2) Did you remove the power source BEFORE attempting to power the device ON?

3) Did you VERIFY that the charging source was actually supplying power (if using the vehicle power adapter, some vehicles MUST have the ignition turned ON)?

As a FIRST STEP, please remove the device from the charging power source, then push and HOLD the power switch - for AT LEAST 30 seconds - OR until the screen comes on.

If the screen DOES come on, release the power switch and allow the device to power up.

Please let me know the answers to the questions above, and what happens when you try to power it ON - as described above.

Thanks, ***** *****

(im)

Expert:  Greg A. replied 11 months ago.

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I haven't seen a response on this page, so I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue OR if the issue was resolved?

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)