crash2199
crash2199, Technician
Experience:  10+ years
50836188

How do I update my nevi 2555 LMT - my MacBook Pro has no

Customer Question

How do I update my nevi 2555 LMT - my MacBook Pro has no port, i.e.. USB, etc. Possibly, I am missing a cord for my Nuvi as the screen only comes on when it's on the car charger.
JA: What model of Nuvi are you using? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Nuvi 2555 LMT - it's less than two - three years old
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I downloaded Garmin Express on my laptop MacBook Pro
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Well, nothing because the instructions tell me to connect to the computer with USB
JA: Anything else you want the GPS expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: It's my first Garmin. Hope there may be a simple solution that I'm just overlooking :)
Category: GPS
Expert:  crash2199 replied 10 months ago.

Hi!

You can purchase the Mini USB charging from Amazon here: https://www.amazon.com/Garmin-N%C3%BCvi-Nuvi-2555LMT-Cable/dp/B00940DBLW

You will need to connect the GPS unit to your computer and use the Garmin Express program to update.

If you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 3 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
My MacBook Pro does have a USB port. The cable recommended has one mini port and USB. Is there a cable that will connect my GARMIN 2555 LMT to a MacBook Pro with a "mini" type port? Is there an adapter or something that will allow a USB cord to work with my laptop?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ooops - my MacBopk Pro does NOT have a USB port.

The Mini USB part goes into the GPS and the USB part goes into your computer. The Macbook Pro does have USB ports on the side.

I have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Josh thank you but I made a mistake - I have a MacBook not a "pro"
Expert:  crash2199 replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for confirming.

You will need to purchase a USB-C to USB adapter to connect your Garmin to your computer.