GPS

GPS Repair Problems? Ask a GPS Technician for Answers ASAP

GPS

CAN I CALL YOU, APPROACH S20, WHEN THE WATCH IS LOOKING FOR

Customer Question
CAN I CALL YOU JA: What's...
CAN I CALL YOU
JA: What's the make/model of your GPS unit? How old is it?
Customer: APPROACH S20
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: WHEN THE WATCH IS LOOKING FOR THE COURCES THE SCREEN SAID THERE ARE NO COURCES, WHEN I AM STAND AT THE COURSE
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: WHAT DO YOU ME TO DO
JA: Anything else you want the GPS expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: GPS
10/10/2016
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 1 year ago
Aric, Technician

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. Please note it can take me a few minutes between replies, so please be patient. Please send me a quick "Hello", just so I know you are here and able to reply.

Also: If you receive a phone call offer, that is not sent by me - it is sent by the site without my knowledge. I am not available by phone, so please keep in mind I will be engaging you on this page only.

Please try these resets in the order given and let me know what happens.

Shut the watch off using the power button. Then press and hold the power button for 10 full seconds and release to do a soft reboot.

Check and see if the distance is correct.

If not, then go to the MAIN MENU, select ODOMETER, then select OK, and RESET.

Once that is done also check and see if the distance given is correct.

If not, then go back into the MENU, select ODOMETER then turn it OFF and then back ON.

Let me know what happens please.

Those steps regarding the Odometer are also outlined on page 2 of the manual at the link below:

http://static.garmin.com/pumac/Approach_S20_OM_EN.pdf

If you're still having issues, please let me know how old (roughly) the GPS is - Over, or Under one year from the date of purchase.

Let me know if you need further help. Also, please do click a 3-5 STAR rating for my efforts before you go. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site.

Please keep in mind rating me does not close the question in any way- it simply ensures I am paid for my time spent trying to help you. You can follow up at any time at no additional cost.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It will let me pick a gold corIt will no let me pick a cource

How old is the Garmin?

Try these steps from Garmin once more please:

If the device stops responding, you may need to reset it. This does not erase any of your data or settings.

Hold POWER for 15 seconds.
The device turns off.

Hold POWER for one second to turn on the device.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
This item is about 3 months old

Okay thanks. Please read the reply just above your last one. Try those resets steps and let me know what happens.

Are you still having the same problem?

If so, then you will need to contact Garmin to have the S20 repaired/replaced as needed as there aren't any other resets or settings that will correct this other than what's been posted above I'm afraid.

In this case you would need to contact Garmin for repairs at the link below:

https://my.garmin.com/rma/en-US/repair/repairLanding

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Call me(###) ###-####

Again: I am not available by phone, so please keep in mind I will be engaging you on this page only.

Everything is posted on this page that can allow you to fix this on a user level. If you're stuck, or having issues performing one of the steps, simply post a reply back here.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Help me
Electronics Technician: MasterFixIt, Technician replied 1 year ago
MasterFixIt
MasterFixIt, Technician

Hi I will send you an offer so I can call you on this so we can solve your issue, please accept that and then let me know the best time to call. Also let me knwo what time zone you are in so I get this right;-)

Thank you

Sincerely

Tech Michael

MasterFixIt
MasterFixIt
MasterFixIt, Technician