Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

I tried to update my GPS and after a short time it said not

Customer Question

I tried to update my GPS and after a short time it said not enough room. Now it will not do anything
JA: Just to clarify, what's the brand and model of the GPS?
Customer: It is a Magellan Roadmate Model 5045-LM
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It is just sitting in one position. This is what usually comes up before the maps appear
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I don't know what to try.
JA: Anything else you want the GPS expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I would just like to get my GPS working again
Category: GPS
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Remote Tech Support. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Pete replied 12 months ago.

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.

Expert:  Pete replied 12 months ago.

First, try a soft reset - press and hold down the power button for at least 2-3 minutes... I know that sounds like a really long time, but it will not hurt the unit and sometimes it takes that long in order to fully reset the device depending on what processes are hung up on it and causing this cyclic restarting.

If a soft reset doesn't work, then the device will need to be returned to Magellan:

First, get an RMA number by calling(###) ###-#### Hours: Monday through Friday, 6:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. PST/PDT.

Once you call and get the RMA number, please ship it to this address using an insured and trackable shipping method...
RMA Shipping Address:
Mitac - Magellan Returns Center
C/O ModusLink
Attention: RA #
2000 Midway Lane
Dock 3
Smyrna, TN 37167

--------------------
Your satisfaction is my priority;
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars at the top of your question page so I am rewarded for my time; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back at any time if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------