GPS Repair Problems? Ask a GPS Technician for Answers ASAP
Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,
Sorry to hear of any issues you may have with your device.
A couple of questions before I address the questions:
1) Can you CONFIRM that this is a Garmin Drive 50?
2) Was this device purchased as NEW?
3) Do you still have the original package this device came in?
I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved?
I only ask because I have not seen a response to my first questions.
BUT, assuming this is a NEW unit with all the original contents, the answers to your questions are:
1) Yes, the unit will run (if charged) when it is not plugged in. BUT, that run time is LIMITED (up to 1 hour), as these devices are intended to be connected to the vehicle power adapter.
2) You should have received a vehicle power adapter - that connects to a standard vehicle power socket (cigarette lighter socket).
I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.
Thanks, ***** *****--. .-(im)