Dustin, Senior Technician
Experience:  Giving Directions to wayward GPS devices for over a decade. Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I have a voice + golf buddy and the screen is gone to just

Customer Question

I have a voice + golf buddy and the screen is gone to just black dots with no image anywhere. What can be done? I really like the unit, is it fixable or am I just SOL on this one?
JA: What's the make/model of your GPS unit? How old is it?
Customer: Sorry, I don't have it with me. I think it is about 2+ yrs old. It is the voice plus with a hat and wrist clip on it. has the yardgages and the green locator on it. Does that help? Got it on Ebay.
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It was working just fine and then after the last charge it never came back up.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Tried to re boot, reeset.
JA: Anything else you want the GPS expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: are the units warrenteed?
Category: GPS
Expert:  Dustin replied 10 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Expert:  Dustin replied 10 months ago.

Your unit needs to be emergency booted and then have the firmware updated.. To do this you will need its charging cord and a windows computer.

Here are the steps

Have the unit turned off.
Hold the menu button.
And while holding down on the menu button, plug the unit into a computer or a power outlet using the data cable.
It should light up and indicate the emergency booting.
Then release the menu button.
After this procedure, please update the firmware on your unit. This will improve the correct performing of the unit. You can update the firmware using the GolfBuddy World Course Manager.

For detailed instructions on how to perform this steps, please click on the link below:

http://golfbuddyglobal.com/video/video_view.asp…

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.